Tuesday, January 13, 2009

TRIUMPH.

5 months, 21 Days and like 5 hours.

Max: "Okay, you are like the best Au Pair we've ever had."

Mike: "Yeah, you and Kelsi. I mean Crystal. Actually, no you. You never gave me a time out."

SUCCESS.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I want to leave it at that but I am going to bore you with details, because I am particularly jubilant. They have said I am the best Au Pair before but it was usually in the context of them wanting something, this was totally out of the blue. We were just chatting at dinner and suddenly Max stopped the conversation to announce 100 percent sincerely that I was his favorite Au Pair. I WIN.

It was kind of bittersweet, though, because now that I'm through the halfway mark and they have their next Au Pair and the date I'm leaving is getting more and more definite I can just feel the end looming. I'm such a weirdo but these two kids were my favorite part of coming here. I hope they come and visit me.

Sigh, I am feeling emotionally raw right now. I love it here, yet I am feeling anxious for home. Blahblah blah blahblahblah BLAH. I need to conclude this as my thoughts are just going all over the place. This was supposed to be a happy entry!

Goodbye!

No comments: